Ask The Shaving Expert - Our New Feature
Executive Shaving - Ask Our Shaving Expert
Q: I have a thick heavy growth and tender skin, I have razor burn razor rash and I'm always red and sore on my neck. I use Gillette Fusion blades and TESCO shaving gel. I am age 34. My budget is only £50
Firstly congratulations you are the first person to Ask Our Shaving Expert our new online shaving advice feature!
A: This is a common question Gerry. Razor burn, razor rash, redness and soreness is usually caused by either, all or a combination of the following:
- Lack of pre-shave preparation
- Using Blunt razor blades
- Using multi blade cartridge razor blades
- Shaving against the grain on a first or second pass
- Using supermarket gunk - foam, gel
- Applying too much pressure when shaving
- Warm the beard and face before shaving splash on lots of hot water to soften the hairs making it easier for the blade to cut through the stubble
- Only ever use sharp blades again make it easy for the blade to cut through the stubble, the sharper the blade the better
- Multi cartridge type blades are good for only two maybe three shaves before they go blunt, consider buying a RazorPit blade sharpener to ensure a sharp blade every time or better still switch to double edge (DE) safety razor shaving. DE shaving is proven to be better for the skin and give a closer, comfortable shave
- For a close, stress free shave, shave with the grain twice and finally shave against the grain. Shaving against the grain particularly on a first pass will lead to ingrown hairs, soreness, razor bump and razor burn
- Dump the gunk! Read the ingredients, they read like a weapon of mass destruction. Instead go for quality shaving creams or soaps that are ‘face friendly’.
- If the blade you are using is sharp enough and you are using a quality shaving cream or soap you don not need to apply excess pressure to get a close, comfortable shave.
Recommended Products For Gerry Merkur 33c DE Safety Razor - £22.90 Feather Safety Razor Blades - £3.50 (for 10) Proraso Shaving Cream and Brush Set - £18.00Total Cost only £44.40.
Everything shaving and grooming online here exec.weboven.online
Written by Brian Mulreany,
Sales Director, The Executive Shaving Company
Tel: 0141 880 3040