Whether you are new to wet shaving, simply want to improve your technique or want to try some different shaving products the Executive Shaving Team are here to help you.
If you want to speak directly with one of our team, please feel free to contact us on 0141 880 3040, or email us here firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our Help & Advice blog for regular tips and advice on all things shaving and grooming.
There are so many different wet shaving products available on the marketplace today; it can be a bit bewildering to know where to begin. Just where do you start and what do you really need?
In this section of our website we have stripped out a lot of the marketing blurb to focus instead on the basics of what you need to get a comfortable, close, smooth shave.
Regardless of whether you shave with a Gillette, Wilkinson Sword, Feather cartridge razor, a double edged safety razor, or a straight cut throat razor, you should always use a shaving brush to apply your lather.
A good quality shaving brush is an absolute essential component of any wet shavers kit. It will help create a rich, creamy lather, that will protect your skin as you shave, the brush will also soften and lift the beard hairs in preparation for shaving.
We have also created this short video guide, below, to introduce our own brand shaving brushes to you.
Browse our extensive range of shaving brushes click here.
What type of razor should you use?
For those shavers who are just beginning to wet shave we always recommend the use of a double edged (DE) safety razor ahead of a cartridge type razor such as a Gillette, Wilkinson Sword or other.
There are several reasons for this:
1. Using just one, single blade to cut your stubble is far better for your skin than using a cartridge that can have up to six sharp blades scraping across your face.
2. You do not need to force, or push, a safety razor into the skin on your face when you are shaving to get a smooth finish. You simply hold the razor gently and let the weight of the razor do the cutting.
3. The single blade is easier to keep clean, and doesn’t clog up like a cartridge does.
4. A single blade will last for anything between four to five good shaves before needing replaced. A cartridge loses its edged after two shaves at best.
5. Single edge razor blades are much, much cheaper than any cartridge razor blades. You can by a good quality pack of 10 DE razor blades for only a few pounds, and depending on how often you shave one pack will last up to two months. Check out one of our most popular blade packs, Personna, to see just how much you can save.
So which type of DE razor to use?
For beginners we would recommend using a mild razor such as the Muhle R89, Timor or Merkur 34C.
These razors are cheap, easy to use and durable so they will not break after just a few uses. Once you have gained a bit of experience using these razors you could start to think about upgrading them to a more aggressive razor, such as our own Bravehaert.
You can browse through our complete range of double edged safety razors here.
Using a double edged safety razor is very simple, once you have taken a few minutes to master the basic technique of using this type of razor.
Below is our own video tutorial on how to shave with a safety razor, Brian explains in this video the basic technique you need to use with a double edged safety razor.
For further information you can read up on our advice pages:
All of these articles contain great hints and tips on how to achieve that smooth finish.
Once you have completed shaving with your razor, it is essential that you apply a post shave balm or moisturiser to your skin. This will help to rehydrate the skin and will protect it during the day.
A very versatile product to use here is Skin Food. This is a glycerine based product that is light and non-greasy. You can find out all about it here.
To browse through our complete range of post shave treatments simply click here
It doesn’t take much time to learn how to shave properly. Once you have picked up the basics you can go on to explore the many different shaving products available today.
Remember proper wet shaving is not only good for your face and skin, but also for your wallet. Over the course of a year a double edged safety razor will save you £100’s.
If you have any questions you want answers to, or would like some help choosing the right products for your skin, we are here to help.
Simply call us on 0141 880 3040, or email us at email@example.com where our team will be able to help you.