The removal of leg hair by forcing it out by the roots using some form of adhesion is most commonly referred to as leg waxing. This form of women’s hair removal can produce finer, smoother hair than many other alternatives and its results can last much longer too. In today’s modern society there is an ever increasing pressure for women to look their best and this has led to a huge increase in the number of women turning to leg waxing as the best option for hair-free legs. Leg waxing can however be difficult for some women and so hopefully this guide will provide advice on guidance on how to get super smooth legs with a little time, effort and patience and best of all without the high professional salon price tag.
Items For Perfect Leg Waxing
As with much of everything in life the key to leg waxing and alternatively bikini waxing is in the preparation. More often than not, many women rush into leg waxing for the first time without taking the time to ensure they have all the correct high quality products to achieve maximum results with minimum pain.Before you begin, it is essential that you source high quality products and most importantly you invest in the correct after wax care products too. Here is a recommended list of products you’ll need to achieve the ultimate full leg wax, they are:
- Pre Wax LotionThe use of a suitable pre wax lotions will remove all traces of oil, perspiration and bacteria whilst cleansing the bikini line area leaving it perfectly prepared for effective leg waxing
- Waxing Spatulas/ApplicatorsThese come in a range of guises, from wooden spatulas to plastic rods, this are essential to ensure the legs are completely and evenly covered with wax.
- Latex Or Vinyl GlovesThese are necessary to ensure hygiene and to reduce mess.
- Waxing StripsThese can be in either paper or fabric form waxing strips depending on your own personal preference and are needed to remove the wax after it has been applied to the leg area.
- Wax HeaterWax heaters differ in shape, style and price but all have the same essential function: to heat up your wax so that it can be applied.
- After Wax LotionThis is especially important when bikini waxing as a suitable after wax lotion is needed to protect and soothe the skin after leg waxing.
- TweezersHaving tweezers handy for after waxing to help you remove any stubborn hairs that could not be removed by leg waxing alone.
- WaxWaxes come in many different forms these range from hot film wax, warm wax, soft wax all the way through to paraffin wax pellets. Due to the coarseness and thickness of leg hair it is recommended that a hot film wax be used. Hot film wax will have greater adhesion qualities for waxing dense and stubborn hair as opposed to other types of wax.
Steps For Home Leg Waxing
The first step here before any leg waxing can commence is to ensure that your leg hair is long enough to be suitable for waxing. Here you must ensure that leg hair is at least 1/4" long so that the wax can adhere to it. However care must also be taken that the leg hair is no longer than 1/2" as leg hair that is too long can cause problems also. If this is the case we recommend you use a personal trimmer to ensure an even length all over.Next cleanse the area with an antiseptic cleaner or pre wax lotion and pat it dry. Next dust the air lightly with a sprinkle of talcum powder. This will ensure that the wax will adhere to the hair follicles and not your skin.Once this has been done and you have already heated your wax up in your wax heater, make sure you test the wax to ensure that it is not too hot so it does not burn the delicate skin of the leg region.Using a wax applicator or spatula, take a small amount of wax and spread a thin and even layer over the area to be waxed. Ensure that you apply the wax with the edge of the waxing spatula in the opposite direction of the hair growth and then pass back over the area in the opposite direction.Next place the waxing strip over the area and allow it to attach. Where the hair is stronger in certain areas you must make sure that you pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth.Next clean up any hairs that have been missed during leg waxing using a pair of tweezers.Once this has been done clean up any wax that has remained on your skin using either wax remover, baby oil or petroleum jelly. After removing the wax and hair gently dab the area with a suitable antiseptic after wax lotion to cleanse and soothe the skin
Miss Chloes Leg Waxing Tips And Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that may help you with your whole leg waxing experience, many of these tips have been recommended by waxing specialists to help make your leg waxing experience a relatively smooth one. o Try taking some painkillers at least an hour before waxing to make the experience of leg waxing a less painful one.
o Hold your skin taunt and tight with one hand whilst the other removes the wax and waxing strip in one swift direction and movement.
o Regularly exfoliate your legs using a body scrub to reduce the risk of ingrown hairs occurring.
o Use hair growth retardant lotions or regular exfoliating treatments to increase the amount of time you’ll have between needing a repeat leg wax.
o After waxing and for a few days after it is recommended that loose fitting clothing is worn to prevent rubbing or irritation to the area that has been waxed.
o Ensure your legs are clean and dry before waxing.
o Don’t under any circumstances use products on the area after leg waxing that have chemicals in them. As this will react with the delicate skin pores of the area causing inflammation
o Test a small amount of wax on your hand before putting it on your leg, this will allow you to make sure its warm and not hot.Dr Shave